- Expand in Michigan
- Expand in France
The FACC, Michigan Chapter is proud to advance the cause of trade and commerce between the United States and France through the FACC-Michigan French Business Scholarship: Le Détroit Award, promoting study in France for business-focused French language students. This program demonstrates the commitment of the FACC, Michigan Chapter to its broad goal of improving French-American trade as well as to contributing to our community by helping Michigan students further their French studies and business experience.
FACC-Michigan French Business Scholarship: Le Détroit Award
The FACC, Michigan Chapter believes that college and university students in business studies and French language studies provide the foundation for the future growth of French-American business relations.
The purpose of the Le Détroit Award is to assist college and university students in Michigan who study business or business related courses and French language studies and who plan to combine French and business in their future career plans.
Our scholarships start at $1,500, and are based on merit, need, and the career goals of the student. When a scholarship is awarded, the recipient will be asked to pledge between 10 to 20 hours of volunteer service to the FACC, Michigan Chapter. The total hours of volunteer service will be determined and based upon the size of the scholarship and the personal circumstances of the recipient. Special considerations will be granted to candidates residing outside the metro Detroit area. Students are encouraged to consider the volunteer service as an opportunity to be introduced to the French-American business community in Michigan and have the chance to learn more about international business with local French/American professionals.
The FACC, Michigan Chapter awards scholarships to students who:
- are enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree at a college or university located in Michigan;
- study business or business related courses and French language studies;
- have decided to study or complete an internship in France and can submit proof of acceptance into the program by the time the award is to be disbursed;
- demonstrate academic excellence; and
- demonstrate financial need.
We will review applications and announce scholarships on an as needed basis.
Please submit your application to FACC-Michigan for consideration in a timely fashion before you plan to study or intern abroad in France.
Scholarships are normally awarded and disbursed through the college or university attended by the recipient.
To apply, please mail the following items to our address listed below:
- a two page, double-spaced essay stating why you believe you are deserving of the scholarship. You must describe your study or internship plans (including associated expenses) and include some form of demonstrated financial need. Your letter must also state that you are willing to provide 10-20 hours of volunteer service to the FACC;
- a letter of recommendation from your professor or advisor stating the reasons why you should be considered for a scholarship;
- an official transcript from your college or university;
- proof of acceptance into the study abroad or internship program in France -- if the application is in process, be aware this will be needed before funds can be disbursed if an award is granted;
- (optional) a cover letter including any other information you believe is important for us to know that you did not include in your essay.
Send your application to:
French-American Chamber of Commerce,
Michigan Chapter c/o Clayton & McKervey, P.C.
2000 Town Center, Suite 1800
Southfield, MI 48075