An international company, with local automotive headquarters in the metro Detroit area, is looking to hire a Committee Service Representative.
This position is responsible for assisting an international company’s Ground Vehicle Standards Department Staff with the work of assigned technical committees and projects.
- Assisting and supporting Ground Vehicle Standards Specialist staff with assigned technical committees and projects by scheduling and planning meetings, and other administrative tasks as requested
- Expediting document production by assuring action items from meetings are carried out by committee members and alerting them to timelines and deadlines
- Providing administrative support to the Ground Vehicle Business Development and Technical Project staff on priority projects
- Supporting the Ground Vehicle Standards Department with various administrative duties including but not limited to ordering supplies for committee meetings, starting WebEx/in person meetings, compiling information/data for meetings, have knowledge of creating, compiling, and analyzing reports
- Providing support, logistics for the company’s Corporate Contributions program
- Data entry and maintenance of applicable committee information, i.e. rosters, agendas, member applications, etc. using proprietary software and hardware systems. Supporting the Ground Vehicle Management and Ground Vehicle Standards staff with other administrative duties
- Support the Wise and Well Committee. Work with Human Resources and staff to execute company Wise and Well initiatives. Must be outgoing, organized and be able to stay positive and engage the staff with upcoming company initiatives and programs. Work with the Wellness Coach on company initiatives; be creative with new ideas/programs to keep/get the staff involved in wellness programs. Be a role model and leader for the Automotive Headquarters.
- Contributing to the achievement of the company’s organizational goals
- Additional projects as assigned
- Associates degree in business or related field, preferred.
- High school diploma and at least three years of experience in business, meeting planning, or an administrative or customer service support field area, or equivalent, required.
- French language skills a plus
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and coordinate their needs, establish priorities, while maintaining the rules and integrity of the organization, required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, required
- Strong negotiation skills, desired
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills, desired
- Ability to effectively utilize computer and web applications, required
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, required
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, required
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills. Flexible, able to accept changing priorities based on departmental needs, required
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, required
- Occasional local travel required
- Ability to speak/write French or other foreign language, a plus